Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Don't Ask by Natalie Bell



I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. It is one of those books that you can sink into the head of the main character and really understand what drives her.

Julia is your typical college graduate with no really "career" prospects. She is locked into what I would describe as unhealthy relationships. There is Greg who is her drugged up sex buddy who wouldn't know a woman loved him if she knocked him over the head. There is Brian who is Bi, but I suspect as feelings for Julia. Then there is Duncan. He is the college boyfriend that cheated on her but she still manages to have a pseudo relationship with.

It was nice to read a story that was not front to back sex scenes. She alludes to sex between the characters but the story was more about Julia's interpersonal relationships. All in all a very good read, and I am happy to support a fellow Wrimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment