Saturday, April 6, 2013

REVIEW BY SARAH! THE SEX DEMON TRILOGY BY JAYE SHIELDS @JayeShields

perf5.500x8.500.indd

Confessions of a Sex Demon Review:


 Lennox is a sexy blacksmith (who doesn’t love blacksmiths?) with a grudge against sex demons, and Zahra’s brother especially. So, in order to punish her brother, he goes after Zahra. There are two long, luscious days of torture for Zahra to endure before Lennox has a change of heart.


The story is extremely well written. Ms. Shield’s style is easy to read, enticing, exciting, and hot. The only reason I didn’t give it 5 Zs is because of the believability, and I’m not talking about the sex demons part. Lennox’s change of heart came very suddenly and I wish it had had more time to develop fully. As it is, I was left thinking, “Wait, what just happened?”


Great story, though, with interesting characters and a very sexy plot. I’m looking forward to reading the next two and I will be posting reviews on those as well!


Claiming of a Sex Demon Review:


This is book two in Jaye Shields’ sex demon trilogy. It’s sort of a prequel to Confessions, in that it tells the story of Lennox’s wife, Emmerie, and Reza, who is Zahra’s brother, and how they fell in love, which leads to Lennox hunting down Zahra and torturing her for revenge.


Confessions was a really steamy story, but Claiming was really touching. I found myself really moved by the love Emmerie and Reza found together. Jealous, to be honest. My failed marriage aside, Shields does a great job writing. Her style is, again, easy to read, descriptive, and very hot. The characters, especially Emmerie, are endearing and compelling.


Addictions of a Sex Demon:


The third book in the Sex Demons trilogy was absolutely amazing. 5 Zs easily. Not only was it a great climax for all three books, as a stand alone, it was a great story too.
Sephina, Zahra’s sister, a slowly recovering addict, finds herself a new addiction – Axel, a dragon demon known as a quetzalem. As they find themselves spiraling down into love’s embrace, they also find themselves kidnapped by dragon hunters. No spoilers here, but I will say the end was spectacular.


Not only were the characters compelling, as usual, but the story was suspenseful, surprising, and just plain wonderful. Again, I find myself jealous of the love the Shields’ characters find with one another.


There are only a couple questions I would liked to have cleared up in a “series epilogue” of sorts. First, Reza is Zahra’s brother… isn’t that going to make for some awkward Christmas dinners considering he stole Lennox’s wife, even if it was for the better? Second, Sephina’s addiction was never FULLY cleared up. It says in the epilogue that she had been clean a month, but she had been clean a month before that and relapsed. I wanted more closure with that.


 I highly recommend them and give the series 5 Zs. Jaye Shields should be proud of the work she’s completed. If you haven’t read it, get it!


sarahzsarahzsarahzsarahzsarahz

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for an awesome review!!! I'm so happy you enjoyed the trilogy!

    ReplyDelete