Monday, April 15, 2013

RELEASE DAY REVIEW BY BRANDY! FATED SOULS BY BECKY FLADE (@beckyflade)

Fated Souls

Blurb:


Shamed investigative journalist turned tabloid scribe Maggie O’Connell convinces her editor to let her go to Minnesota to research alleged werewolf sightings. Her first night in the woods, she gets trapped in an ancient sleeping bag, unintentionally attracts the attention of a bear, and is saved by the most unlikely of heroes: the very wolf she had come to investigate!


When she meets horse rancher Aidan Gael in the town market days later, she recognizes his eyes as those belonging to her champion. He dodges her every attempt to get to know him but undaunted Maggie launches a campaign to win over the recalcitrant Aidan.


Aidan tries desperately to avoid her; he both fears Maggie and fears for her. Neither man nor beast can resist her curious mind and courageous heart. One kiss threatens to break Aidan’s tenuous self-control but furthers Maggie’s resolve. However, danger lurks at every turn. The curse Aidan fights to keep secret is only one of the obstacles that will test the strength of their bond. Together they will navigate the violence of both nature and of man in pursuit of their destiny.


Review:


I fell in love with Aidan!  Who doesn't have a soft spot for a broken man that has the devil in his eyes?


Maggie is a journalist who was screwed over by her ex-boyfriend.  Happens to the best of us, right?  She takes a job, the only one she hasn't been blackballed from, with a tabloid.  She is working on a piece about werewolves and is staying in the woods of Minnesota.  You can imagine that this hard-nosed reporter doesn't really believe in the supernatural.  Imagine her shock when she is startled by a bear that lunges toward her.  Enter the wolf!  Beautiful and elegant the wolf manages to force the bear away and intrigues Maggie.


Aidan keeps away from the folks in the small town.  His secrets are kept buried deep and the loss of his privacy could destroy him.  The nosy reporter in town doesn't understand that some things are left undiscovered.  Maggie, however, is like a dog with a bone.  No pun intended. :)  She knows Aidan is hiding something and she won't stop till she discovers the truth.  When she sees the wolf in his eyes and the passion in his arms, Maggie learns where she has always belonged.  Can she convince Aidan that he can have it all?


Becky Flade has built a beautiful love story based on strong characters and lush imagery.  This story speaks of magic and traditions.  I also love the plot twists that come in the backstory.  Never saw how this story was going to go till it was there.  Love it!!  I am in awe of this author and will be on the watch for more of her incredible writing!


Rated 4 Kisses


brandy lipsbrandy lipsbrandy lipsbrandy lips

Author Bio:


BF3

When I was little I thought everyone had stories in their head. I didn’t find out that wasn’t the case until kindergarten. I remember thinking that was sad; and that I should share the ones I had. I asked my teacher for help. I had her cut, fold and staple the paper into a suspiciously book-like shape. Then I drew the cover art and illustrated the interior pages. Finally, and most importantly, I dictated the text. And violà … a writer was born.


It took thirty years for me to get from that first attempt to being a published author. I think the road thus far has added some depth and experience to my writing. At the very least I learned I shouldn’t ever do my own illustrations.


A city girl, born and bred, I tend to place my stories in and around southeast Pennsylvania, or at least have a character or two from the area. Home is where the heart is and I make mine with my very own knight in slightly tarnished armor, three beautiful daughters ranging in ages from college through pre-school, and a grandson who arrived on my birthday last year. When I’m not busy living my own happily ever after, I’m writing about someone else’s.


I’d love to have you visit with me on my blog; at Facebook and Twitter; on my Goodreads and Amazon author page; or write to me directly at beckyfladeauthor@gmail.com.


Author Links:


http://beckyflade.blogspot.com/


https://www.facebook.com/BeckyFlade


https://twitter.com/beckyflade


https://amazon.com/author/BeckyFlade


http://www.goodreads.com/Becky_Flade


beckyfladeauthor@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment