Tuesday, October 16, 2012

How to Deceive a Duke by Lecia Cornwall



I have to admit that I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this book or not. The idea that one bride can be substituted for another kind of left a funny taste in my mouth but I have to admit that this one actually made it seem real.

Meg has been the strong sister in the family since her father's death and has kept the family out of debtors prison. When the Duchess of Temberlay, asks her sister, Rose to marry her grandson Nicholas, the current Duke, she sees this as the answer to her prayers. Rose is not thrilled at the prospect of marrying the Devil Duke and elopes prior to the wedding. This puts Meg in the awkward position of marrying in her sister's place. Since the groom had never met the bride or even knew her name, this worked at first. Turns out this was in the Duchess's plans and Meg's name was included in all the marital documents.

Lies and distrust do not a marriage make and Nicholas and Meg share a lot of lies between them. When Nicholas leaves to return to war they both realize theirs is a love for the ages.

This is a really good story and I recommend it to all.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment