Sunday, January 5, 2014

REVIEWS BY CEECEE AND VICTORIA! BROKEN BY KIMBERLEY REEVES

Blurb


'When I'm broken and nothing seems to make any sense, I go back to the ranch to my beautiful Jessie... Jess fixes me, makes me whole again'. Those were the words written in Adam's journal shortly before he died. Now it is up to his twin brother, Mitch, to tell her that Adam is gone, that he will never return to her waiting arms. He doesn't want to be the one to break her heart, but what choice does he have?


Review2


I was prepared to be on the fence about this novel, but I really enjoyed it!  For some reason, the song “Leather and Lace” by Stevie Nicks kept playing in my mind throughout the whole book!


They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.  That’s what I kept thinking as Mitch tried to give Jessie good memories of his twin brother, Adam.  Yes, it’s a little off the beaten path.  No, it’s not that hard to imagine Jessie falling for his plan.  Love is blind, and we’ve all worn those rose colored glasses, or at least known someone who has.  While Mitch didn’t think his plan through, he wasn’t acting maliciously.  He’s a passionate man with a few quirks, but he’s exactly what Jessie needs. 


Jessie’s strength is somewhat underestimated by Mitch, and this was a little frustrating.  She’s runs a ranch and has had the resilience to withstand a relationship with a Special Ops soldier.  I’ve seen the worry and longing in the eyes of those who wait for the return of our heroes, and it takes a great amount of fortitude to withstand such a weight on the heart and mind.  I also know the dedication, determination, and back-breaking work it takes to keep up a farmstead.  She’s definitely a trooper, and I liked her immensely. After so many years of putting Adam’s well-being first, she finally gets what she’s dreamed of: Him. Her only weakness is exposed as she battles internally with confronting her lover with his unusual behavior. 


This isn’t your typical story of true love, but that’s what makes it so good!  Here, you have a unique take on a love that was, and one that could be.  The author has developed an interesting tale with greatcharacters, excellent supporting characters, and quite a few deliciously steamy scenes! 


Review3



Mitch retired from working in Special Ops with his brother Adam after Adam was killed in there last mission together.  Adam and Mitch are identical twins.  Mitch goes over Adams journal and then makes the journey to tell his girlfriend Jessie that Adam as passed away.  Mitch is a hot and sexy man who falls for Jessie at first sight. 


Jessie is used to Adam coming and going all the time with no expectations of staying.  When Mitch comes to talk to her, she mistakes him for Adam and Mitch does not correct her.  Jessie is a smart woman who slowly pieces it all together.  What I loved about her is she thought before she acted rather than throw a fit.


The chemistry between Mitch and Jessie is blistering hot.  It’s apparent from the beginning that they care about each other.  The sex scenes were hot and steamy.  I loved that Jessie could see the differences between Adam and Mitch even before she found out about Mitch.


I found this story to be well written.  I had a hard time putting this story down.  I loved that this story was not what I expected it to be after reading the blurb.  The main and secondary characters were interesting and realistic.  Overall, this was a great book.  I can see re-reading this in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment