Sunday, January 12, 2014

REVIEW! REVENGE BY WINTER AUSTIN

Blurb

In New Orleans, justice is best served with a heavy dose of revenge, and Remy LeBeau intends to tip the scales in his favor. For good.


Forced to take a mandatory vacation from the Dallas PD, Remy leaves his girlfriend, Cody, to protect her from what’s to come. If there's to be any chance for a normal future for the two of them, he has to face his enemies and finish what they started - alone.


Cody Lewis gave up on someone once before, but not this time. She needs to come to terms with Remy's past and her own as she seeks him out among the historic and deadly streets of New Orleans. But she got more than she bargained for. Those who oppose her will find you don't get in the way of a determined Texan; especially a woman in love.


As Remy closes in on the nameless faces who have controlled his life for too long, his ability to save himself and those closest to him is tested, putting everyone he cares for in grave danger. And this time, Cody may face the reality of his death.


Review1First of all, this is the third book in this series and there is more to come.  You need to read the other books in the series in order to get a feel for the characters.  Cody and Remy are a handful and their relationship is explosive.  I have been trying to figure out what the history with Remy is and Ms. Austin doesn't disappoint in this book.


I can't believe he thought that Cody was going to listen to him and just walk away.  When you love someone as much as Cody does, walking away is not an option.  I have always wanted to visit New Orleans and the visual that I get from this book makes me think that I am walking the streets myself.  I love the personalities and complex characters that have developed throughout this series.  I have to say that this is an author I look forward to reading!


This book is a suspenseful masterpiece that had me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what comes next.  If you are looking for a story or series that has romance, passion, murder, and intrigue; look no further!

2 comments: