Wednesday, March 13, 2013

REVIEW!! ON THE FLY BY KATIE KENYHERCZ (@Crimson_romance, @KatieKenyhercz)


BLURB:


Jacey Vaughn has a newly minted MBA when her father dies unexpectedly and leaves her his NHL team. Well-versed in business but not so much in hockey, Jacey navigates this new world with a few stumbles. She definitely doesn’t plan on falling for the team captain. At the first hint of scandal, a local Las Vegas reporter latches on, and Jacey finds herself in the newspaper with headlines that hurt instead of help. Jacey’s determined to keep her father’s legacy alive and make the team successful, but while she has no problem denying her feelings to the media, she can’t lie to herself.


Carter Phlynn has known nothing but hockey his entire life. Drafted into the NHL at age eighteen, winning the Stanley Cup is all he’s ever wanted. Nothing has ever disrupted his focus. Not until he meets his new boss. Jacey gets under his skin like no one else, and while dating the team owner would be a disaster for his career and reputation, he can’t get her out of his head. Carter has never had a relationship last more than a month, but the more he’s around Jacey, the more he can’t picture his future without her.


REVIEW:


I was given a copy of the book by the author in return for my honest review.  I was not compensated.  I am not a hockey fan but I have to say I am now!  Carter is yummy on a scale that I find delicious! 


Jacey Vaughn is taking over her father's beloved Las Vegas Sinners hockey team and right from the get-go there are complications.  Her first day in the office the captain of the team shows up for a raise.  Her head coach quits and her brother pops up.  FYI...I am seriously hoping the Katie has a book in the pipe for Madden.  This man has all kinds of potential!


Carter is captain of the Sinners and he has every intention of getting the money that Chicago is offering or he is leaving.  That is until he looks into Jacey's eyes and feels a connection.  When you throw in a journalist with no scruples, an unexpected new head coach and gambling, you just have to say That's Vegas, baby!


This couple battles ups and downs but the romance is constantly building in the background and you can see that in the interactions of the characters.  This is a fun read and I really enjoyed it!


I expect a lot of amazing stories from this author!  Check her out and let me know what you think!


Rated 4 Bookworms


bookwormbookwormbookwormbookworm

7 comments:

  1. I love hockey romance, this sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS> If you haven't read them you have to read Toni Aleo's Assassin's hockey series- they are being re-released soon by a publisher- are some of the best books I have read in the sports romance genre- full of emotion.. !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my TBR...and I can't wait to finally get to it!! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am lucky enough to be one of Katie's Crit Partners for this book and I loved reading it through in the draft stages. Cannot WAIT to purchase my very own copy this week and read the finished story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She has done an unbelievable job. It is a fabulous book and I hope she keeps me in mind for future stories!

    ReplyDelete