Sunday, January 13, 2013

Reflected in You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia Day (@SylDay)


Excerpt from Amazon:


Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We'd never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...

I don't even know how to begin with this review.  I have just finished this book and I am sitting here with tears in my eyes, brought to an ending that I never saw coming.  What would you be willing to do for your obsession?  At what point do you realize that your obsession is slowly destroying who and what you are?  Eva knows that the path that she and Gideon are traveling is a dangerous one and doesn't know what to do about it.  She needs him like the air she breaths. 

The past never stays buried.  It has  a way of crawling out of the gutters and slithering across all that you have managed to achieve since burying it.  Gideon and Eva have such pasts and the way they both try to handle them is heartbreaking and shattering. 

Eva can't trust what she doesn't understand and feels the need to punish Gideon for the pain that she feels at times.  Gideon can't seem to open up to Eva and that is devastating to her. 

At what point do you take matters into your own hands to save what has become the only thing in the world that means anything at all to you?  I can not wait to read the next in this poignant and painfully beautiful series. 

This book was purchased by the reviewer.

Rated 4.5 Bookworms

bookwormbookwormbookwormbookwormhalfabook

No comments:

Post a Comment