Friday, May 3, 2013

REVIEW BY BRANDY! STUBBORN HEARTS BY CAROL RITTEN SMITH (@Crimson_Romance)


Blurb:


Beth Patterson and her two younger brothers are hiding from the law in the small town of Whistle Creek. Beth is committed to keeping her family together and she will do anything to ensure it. Anything.


When her youngest brother befriends Tom Carver, the local blacksmith, Beth worries the truth will fly out of the six-year-old’s mouth faster than he can spit a watermelon seed.


Surprisingly, it isn’t the boy who invites Tom’s suspicion. It’s Beth herself, the night he catches her snooping in his barn with an excuse so ridiculous it gets him wondering just what she is up to. Intrigued, he takes it upon himself to find out. But instead of unraveling their secret, Tom becomes entangled in their everyday lives.


Beth knows the dangers of letting her guard down and soon she faces a most crucial and heart-wrenching dilemma of her life. Is Tom’s love strong enough to forgive her of her one felonious deed or will he condemn her?


More importantly, dare she risk everything to find out?


Review:


I am not normally a western romance reader and will avoid them if I can.  It's just me. :)  However, when the author contacted me about reviewing her story, I have to admit that I was intrigued. 


This is a very well written romance story and the history is true and deep.  I read passages to my husband (who is a history nut) and he was impressed with the accuracy.  It is not often that you find a story that is rich in detail and develops with the book.  Beth is a complicated woman who is doing what she needs to survive.  As a teacher in a small rural area that is always going to be difficult.  Tom is one of those guys you want to smack and end up loving.  I love a story that combines romance and suspense.  It leaves me wondering where the characters choices will take them.  The author has created a beautiful story that captures the essence of Beth and Tom. 


I rated this story a solid 4 Bookworms and would love to know what you guys think!


bookwormbookwormbookwormbookworm

 

No comments:

Post a Comment